Save Image Error in Unattended Session

This should be visible in services if by any reason it installed system service on remote machine. If there is no such thing then it’s magic how it’s working for you :smiley: But yes, I think finally you should uninstall robot and try with robot installed from MSI package.

2 Likes

I’ll try that solution @Pablito

I’ve been looking for a while but cannot find the .MSI installer package. Could you help me on that please? :sweat_smile:

Thank you very much fellow.

KR,
Pablo

You can log into platform.uipath.com and it will be available under Resource Center tab on the left. Then MSI is actually Enterprise Edition installer.

1 Like

Thank you sir,

The question is if I will have any problem to launch unattended processes with the enterprise MSI installed in the VM when I’m using Community Orchestator & Studio.

Have a nice day, @Pablito

KR,
Pablo

@Pablito I’ve recorded the unattended session with a recorder installed inside of the machine.

I start the record and then I close the connection. After that I launch the process in the machine (which is available and run the process) and it fails.

What I’ve seen in the recorded video is that the screen is always black just after leave my conection to VM. When I login again, it becomes visible again.

Maybe this info could help us?

Thank you as always.

KR,
Pablo

This shouldn’t be a problem.

Hmmm really weird. It looks like somehow your automation is dependent on your active session. When you are closing the connection it can’t record as it don’t have any session on which it can work. Can you check if when automation is starting there is actual user (robot) session logged on machine?

@Pablito We DID IT! You are awesome dude :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The solution was uninstall everything, then install just robot from .MSI installer.

KR,
Pablo

2 Likes

Super cool! I’m happy that I could help. Seems that my assumption was true. Something and somehow installed in completely weird way so you could see your machine in Orchestrator at the same time having service on user thread when user was logged off. Nice case to study :slight_smile:.

1 Like

One more thing. I analyzed our conversation. I think the whole thing that your machine was visible in Orchestrator using Robot from EXE was because you were not logged of from machine. You told me that you have closed RDP connection. But this doesn’t mean that your user’s session is logged off. It only means that you are not connected but user session is still active on computer. In this context Robot EXE will show it as available in Orchestrator but unattended automation will not work (it’s expected behavior). Only enterprise robot can work like this and additionally you can completely log off from machine (using sign out option) and still your enterprise (MSI) robot will be able to log into machine, open user session and do the automation. This is part of enterprise robot functionality.

1 Like

Absolutely @Pablito, you are right in everything.

That’s weird behavior yes, I could launch process being logged off and them worked great (not in image activities but…).

Thank you very much for everything.

KR,
Pablo

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.