Save as on web page

That solution worked for me… Thanks

Hi Sir,

I tried On Element Appears activity for below

but still getting error. Open button is not getting clicked and ‘Time Out’ error appeared.

Please suggest.

1 Like

I also faced the same problem. But problem is when I am running particular sequence “click save as” is working but same is not working when it is called from main workflow by running main workflow.
Again the same is working when I triggered the main workflow from UiRobot.

1 Like

Did anyone get the solution for the same ? Please just let me know

I did as below.

1. Not using any attach window hence full selector in IE for both clicks
  2. Simulate enabled
  3. WaitForReady to None

Seems fine.
If your Save-as option is delayed for some reason, i.e. more than 30 secs the you can add a delay or element exists before that click

Hey @nadim.warsi ,

Thanks. I will try your solution. But actually it is not going to click. It is unable to find d selectors actually. Anyways will try your solution

Thank u,
Hemal

1 Like

This is what the sample selector should look like if you want to verify:
Save-As arrow:
<wnd app='iexplore.exe' cls='IEFrame' title='Internet Exp*' /> <wnd aaname='Notification' cls='DirectUIHWND' /> <ctrl automationid='IENotificationBar' /> <ctrl name='Save' role='split button' /> <ctrl name='6' role='drop down button' />

Save-as menu item:
<wnd app='iexplore.exe' cls='#32768' /> <ctrl name='Context' role='popup menu' /> <ctrl automationid='53409' />

2 Likes

Thank u so much . I have done with same but don’t know it’s not going to click the save button

Thanks,
Hemal

Simulate enabled?

no it was not. Let me try then after simulate click

1 Like

hi, i have tried both of your method but its still not work for me is there any other method to do it?

hi have you got any solution for this i am also stuck here. please provide if you got one.

can you show what have you done?

I used approach like @nadim.warsi and it works just fine for the first download. I only wrapped the action by “On Element Appear” activity with selector “<wnd app='iexplore.exe' cls='IEFrame' title='Volume History Report - Internet Explorer' />
<wnd aaname='Notification' />” and also using “Attach window” for each dialog.

However for the second and another download the click of split button did not work. Finally I solved it by adding a redundant “Hover” activity before the “Click” activity.

Complete wf in attachment.delete.zip (24.3 KB)

Cheers

1 Like

Please try add delay before the page load for save ribbon and try doing web recording and then check if works then and simulate. this works for me as previous i was facing the same issue.

1 Like

This saved my day. Tried all the above recommendations but not working

1 Like

@nadim.warsi
How can I get to the “Save as” option? I see the same selector as yours for the “Save-As arrow” but I want to click Save as option. “Save as” doesn’t show in UI Explorer.

I used Anchor base activity
Anchor- find element-cancel button
Activity- click image-split drop down button

I had tried to due the error with this once. Is this good way to handle?

This worked for me as well. Thanks