Save as file in background

Hello friends,
@rkelchuri, @Ninett_Panfir, @Rammohan91, @balupad14, @Florent_Salendres, @vvaidya, @Palaniyappan, @ClaytonM, @vvaidya,

how is it possible to make the save as procedure work in BACKGROUND (when screen locked)?
CAn you please share a sample workflow?
The press on save as button doesn’t work with simulate click.
Have you got ideas? Maybe using hotkeys?

Thank you,
Cami

1 Like

@CamiCat one way to do it is with http request activity. You can supply it with the URL of the PDF and save it using the ResourcePath property

1 Like

Can you please share a workflow please @Dave?
Cami :slight_smile:

Sure thing, here you go: CamiCat background pdf download.xaml (5.7 KB)

The URL for the pdf goes into the EndPoint property and the full file path including name and extension where you want the PDF to be saved goes into the ResourcePath property

1 Like

Thank you @Dave.
Which package should I install?

Thank you,
Cami

@CamiCat sorry i should have included that before - you need the UiPath.Web.Activities pack installed.

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m not able to set parameters in this activity :frowning:
Have you got other options?
thank you,
cami :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what you mean? What parameters are you unable to set?

You could try using a right click activity, then clicking ‘save target as’ in the right click menu - i dont think the method is nearly as quick or reliable as the http request download though

1 Like

Hi @CamiCat,
How are you ? after a long time … here it has an activity called Simple download file. if you provid the url and save as file name. it will do the downloading. It may help you.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Enable send windows message option on all activities. It will work.

1 Like

Hi @balupad14 I am a newbie in uipath. I was wondering how do you create these type of activitie packages?

1 Like

Thank you so much @balupad14.
How is it possible to extract the path of the internet page of the file from the IE?
Thank you,
Cami

1 Like

Hi @CamiCat,
Use find element. it will return a UiElement. using the get Attribute you can able to get the url.

Regards
Balamruugan.S

1 Like

Thank you @balupad14.
Can you please share a screenshot?
Can you please help me kindly?
Thank you,
Cami

1 Like

There is an activity called “get attribute” - you can use that activity to get the URL attribute from the link

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.