Save As background automation

Hello,

in my Robot I need to simply download a file from a IE webpage, so I created a simple workflow

Where it simply clicks on the arrow button then clicks on Save As option to open the “Save As” Window and select the file name and destination …

Untitled

I have used simulate click “Sendwindowsmessage” does not work … and it works perfectly with the screen unlocked, any ideas how can I make it work when the screen is locked ? it throws the below error while it is on a locked screen

Capture1

P.S the “Attach window activity” does not have a picture but it has a selector

Hi @Rasoul

Hey first ensure you click on the download notification bar based on element exists and click activity and then click on save button only

Thanks
Ashwin.S

hello, I dont get it, I need to click save as because i want to change the name and file location to download

Hi @Rasoul

Use element exists for download notification bar and use click activity and then click on down arrow and then use send hot key as down and then use click on the save as button

Thanks
Ashwin.S

Thank you for your help, but the send hot keys are not working when this window is opened

Untitled

I am only able to click on save as but i cant use hot key “down” it is not moving

hi @Rasoul

Give the save as selector in send hot key button

Thanks
Ashwin S

1 Like

again thank you so much, it is working perfectly without the simulate/sendwindowsmessage property, but I need it to work in the background, whenever I check simulate or sendwinows it does not work

with a lot of trials it worked thank you Sir

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.