I’m trying to connect to SuccessFactors and do some simple automation and I’m running into some errors I can’t solve. Maybe someone has an idea.
Studio Pro Community 2020.10.6
UiPath.SuccessFactors.Activities v1.1.0-preview (tried also with the latest one and I get some other error).
What I’m doing:
I have the SuccessFactors Scope configured and the connection tested - everything seems ok.
I tried Search Records and Get Record from inside the SF Scope, to get a list of Candidates or a single Candidate by ID and get different errors.
For Search Records, Test shows the entire list of Candidates, but when I run it I get: “Search Records: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s”. There is no parameter s, as far as I’ve checked.
For Get Record, Test shows the correct CandidateID info, but when I run it I get (full error message):
RemoteException wrapping System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
*Parameter name: value *
- at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)*
- at UiPath.SuccessFactors.Activities.SuccessFactorsGetRecordActivity.SetResponse(CodeActivityContext context, CrudOperationResponse response)*
- at UiPath.BAF.Activities.CrudActivityBase.BAFExecute(CodeActivityContext context)*
- at UiPath.BAF.Activities.BAFCodeActivity.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)*
- at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)*
- at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)*
- at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)*
I’ve tried adding different values in the Configure window of each Activity, but no success. I’ve also looked in all additional fields and I can’t figure it out.
Any info is highly appreciated.
Hi - would it be possible to include a copy of the XAML you are using so we can take a look? You can remove the password or API key from the package first, we just want to see how the rest of it is set up.
There is not much else in the xaml file than a SuccessFactors Scope activity and a Search Records or Get Records. I’m just starting out with automation for SuccessFactors so I’m just testing the capabilities of the package.
Some screenshots for reference.
Hi TheArchitect, I tried to reproduce your issue but I was not successful.
Could you please send over the XMAL file, this would be very helpful.
Thanks for trying to help.
Unfortunately it seems that the SuccessFactors activity is just throwing too many errors for me to continue working with it. I will try with standard HTTP activities.
Sorry to hear.
In case you find the cause of the exception please report it to us.
We are continuously improving our packages.
All the best,
And it finally works!
I’d like to understand what I was doing wrong or help others overcome the same issue, but I have no idea why it is working right now.
Bottom line: version 1.2.0 seems to work for me.
This topic can be closed. I’ll open a new one for the Update Record activity
Thank you for the support.
You are my hero! Thanks for not giving up!
Connecting to other systems sometimes can be tricky. There is a chance you receive for instance HTML code instead of JSON as payload if the connection details are not 100% correct.
This can trigger sometime misleading error messages.
If this is the case, typically a quick sync with us (as you did) but also the system owner makes sense, since the owner may can see your connecting attempts and maybe can tell you what is wrong. We cannot catch everything on our end since systems can be configured in many different ways (certificates, authentication methods etc.) and we rely on what the system reports back to us.
Really glad you made it and all the best!
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.