SAP field selection problem

Scripting is enabled in server and client side.

I am not able to select field using recording (basic, desktop…) or selection editor using attact to live element. It just shows area that containts several fields. But if I use UI Explorer I am able to select field. How is this possible??

for the first field I was able to set text so that copy pasted selection parameters taken from ui Explorer. But next similar field failed to error message

Source: Set Text ‘yliopisto’

Exception Type: ElementOperationException

UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040465 —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040465
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.Set(String bstrAttr, Object vValue)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.Set(String attribute, Object value)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hi All,
I am having a similar problem.
Any solution for this.

I faced this issue today and found out that the data I wanted to enter was too long for the space of the SAP field. Just wanted to mention that for others who will look for that error.

2 Likes

I am having problems with the exact same error. Has anyone found a solution in the meantime? (btw: the data I want to enter is not too long for the space of the SAP field, so there must be another issue).

@moilanentoni @Akhib_Javed See my question above.

do you have any answer for this please?

Hi, I have same problem. I realize the problem is about combobox. My combobox’s options are changed in SAP. So robot doesn’t find requested option.

Hi, Thank you for the solution :+1:t2:

Dear forum reader,

Just wanted to contribute what I found on this topic. I got an HRESULT: 0x80040465 error when the bot tried to select a ‘combo box’ drop-down item using a ‘select item’ activity. The selection changes depending on the value of the variable for the current iteration.

After following a colleague’s suggestion of using two ‘click’ activities instead, one to select the dropdown and another to select the item, the error was selector related and pointed out that the menu item does not exist, or is actually misspelled. In the Ui Element error, it had a 96% match with one of the items. That’s how we realised it.

My contribution - just check that the item you’re looking for is spelled correctly (is the same) on the dropdown you’re selecting from :smiley:

1 Like

I had the same problem when trying to input into SAP a ValidTo date read from Excel sheet. I didn’t realize the value read from Excel included time (instead of just Date), hence needed to convert it:
datevalue(originalDate).ToShortDateString before inputting into SAP field.

HI Guys

I am going to close this topic, it is too much different situation, different challenges.

Please open a new thread and as usual:

To be able to understand your automation challenge better, please share following information:

• SAP WinGUI version
  • SAP WinGUI transaction
  • UiPath Studio version
  • UiPath UiAutomation Activity version

In addition share the following screenshots:

• SAP WinGUI screenshot - Full screen (you can blurry the business information)
  • SAP UiPath Studio - selectors of SAP element

Best regards, Lev