How to solve SAML(OKTA) Integration Issue - An error occurred while loading the external identity provider. Please check the external identity provider configuration. (#217) ?
Error Description: An error occurred while loading the external identity provider. Check the external identity provider configuration. (#217)
Resolution: Install the OKTA signing certificate in the Personal store to solve this issue.
Steps To Import Certificate:
- Enter Start | Run | MMC
- Click File | Add/Remove Snap-in
- In the Add or Remove Snap-ins window, select Certificates and click Add
- Select the Computer account radio button when prompted and click Next
- Select Local computer (selected by default) and click Finish
- Back in the Add or Remove Snap-ins window, click OK
- In the MMC main console, click on the plus (+) symbol to expand the Certificate snap-in
- Navigate to Personal | Certificates pane
- Right-click within the Certificates panel and click All Tasks | Import to start the Certificate Import Wizard
- Follow the wizard to import the signed certificate .