Runtime execution error on multiple word file edits

I have a bot that completes a search and replace on multiple word documents in a folder. I have been finding that sometimes it will run through several files and sometimes it will fail after completing on edit. This is the error that I am seeing. Looking for help to understand what may be causing this and how to correct. image

Hi

This May happen as you stated that word application is being used for multiple times

So give a try with KILL PROCESS activity where mention the ProcessName property as “WINWORD”
and then use the word application scope wherever used

So that it will ensure that application is ready to open whenever it is accessed

Cheers @BoomBot

That did work! I had to use “WINWORD” as the ProcessName. My next challenge is to perform a search and replace within a textbox. Would you be able to assist with that?

1 Like

Hi @BoomBot

You can try to use search and replace activity (Refer the Screenshot)

Regards
Gokul

Thank you Gokul. That is what I had been using although it did not find the text inside the textbox.

Hi @BoomBot

Could you please share the screenshot?

Regards
Gokul

Fine May I know how it can be done manually so that we can replicate the same steps with UiPath activities
@BoomBot

Hi @BoomBot

For me, it’s working fine. Please check it

Regards
Gokul

It works for me as well when the textbox is in the body of the document but will not complete the search replace for the textbox in the footer.