Running workflow file from another computer (Robot install only)

I am trying to load a project that I developed on a different computer. The license for the computer I want to run the workflow from is just an attended robot license. WHen I try to load the project I get the error below. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I wouldnt mind running this from uipath robot but I have no idea how to use that. Not sure if it needs Orchestrator installed.

The issue was that I copied the whole project folder over from my dev env. I had to delete the json file so it could be created again when running it for the first time in the prod env. I am running it in studio with just a robot license. im sure this wouldnt have happened if I was running it in orchestrator but we are having issues installing that

Hi @djoseph50
In the computer where you developed the project, click on the Publish button and indicate Publish to “Custom” under the Publishing Option. This will allow you to specify a directory where you want to create the NuGet package (.nupkg file).

Copy the .nupkg file from the PC where you developed the project to where you want to run the automation. You’ll need to make sure that you copy the .nupkg file to the folder C:\ProgramData\UiPath\packages. You might need to create this folder if it does not exist.

You will then use the UiPath Robot Tray or UiPath Assistant to run the automation. Your project should be visible on the Robot Tray or Assistant after you have copied the .nupkg file to C:\ProgramData\UiPath\packages.

More details here: About Publishing Automation Projects

and here: About Automation Projects on the Robot

1 Like