Running unattended robot on VM

Hello everyone,

What I want to achieve: Start the process and have it running when I close the Remote Desktop Connection. The process involves clicking, finding images and OCR activities. No Orchestrator involved.

UiPath version: 2017.1.6435 CE
Machine: Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 64-bit

What I tried so far:

• Login to console: false, Launch Workflow Interactive starting after I close the remote desktop connection:
    (0x80070520): A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

• Login to console: false, Launch Workflow Interactive starting before I close the remote connection:
    Fails on first find image activity (timeout).

• Login to console: true, using Launch Workflow Interactive:
    Kicks me out of session, still fails at first find image activity (timeout).

The workflow runs fine when Remote Desktop Connection window is open and not minimized. Robot resolution and depth configured both in UiPath settings file and directly in the Launch Workflow Interactive activity. It seems to make no difference whether I start the project from studio, tray or cmd. I put in the generic credentials in Windows Credentials Manager. The account on the machine I try running this on is a local administrator account.

Is it a Community Edition restriction or am I missing something? Would be good to get some clear information from UiPath team, because most of information I could find here seems to be deprecated or simply not working for me.

Please help.

EDIT: I somehow got it running using login to console: true, but OCR accuracy is garbage now, any hints about that?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: OCR accuracy on unattended remote