Running UiPath process from GitBash (Bash scripting)

Hi,
I tried running UiRobot.exe from commandline to execute a simple process, but received an error when running in GitBash. It uses Linux style commandline. Appreciate the help.

Error log below

$ UiRobot.exe /file /c/Users/keemy/Desktop/uipath/lesson1/Lesson1Proj/Main.xaml
Topshelf.HostFactory Error: 0 : An exception occurred creating the host, Topshelf.HostConfigurationException: The service was not properly configured:
[Failure] Command Line An unknown command-line option was found: ARGUMENT: “C:/Program
[Failure] Command Line An unknown command-line option was found: ARGUMENT: Files
[Failure] Command Line An unknown command-line option was found: ARGUMENT: (x86)/Git/file”
[Failure] Command Line An unknown command-line option was found: ARGUMENT: C:/Users/keemy/Desktop/uipath/lesson1/Lesson1Proj/Main.xaml
[Success] Name UiRobotSvc
[Success] DisplayName UiPath Robot
[Success] Description UiPath Robot Service
[Success] ServiceName UiRobotSvc
at Topshelf.Configurators.ValidateConfigurationResult.CompileResults(IEnumerable`1 results)

Thanks

I’m not into Bash scripting, but from the error message it looks like it is taking the path to UiRobot.exe as various parameters. this happens as there are spaces in the path.

you’ll have to either:

1. Find a way to include spaces in the path
    OR
  2. change the basepath to the directory where UiRobot.exe is located and then start it - UiRobot.exe /file:"/c/Users/keemy/Desktop/uipath/lesson1/Lesson1Proj/Main.xaml"

Thanks Akhi for the response.

is there a way I can run UiRobot.exe /f ".\File.xaml" like this as a relative path instead of offering the full path?

Warm regards,
Ming