Running recorded sequence on laptop/desktop - Exceptions

I am having an issue with recorded sequences running properly between my laptop and desktop computer. Both of which have UiPath Studio and the files are being saved on a drive that can be accessed by both machines.Two different exceptions are given.

The exceptions occur when trying to run the recording on my desktop that was created on my laptop and vice versa.

exception 1

Message; Key not valid for use in specified state.

Source: Get password

Exception Type: CryptographicException

exception 2

Message: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:

Source: Attach Window 'SAP Sap_front'

Exception Type: SelectorNotFoundException

Exception 1 :when you use Get Password activity you cannot transfer the xaml file between machines without re-entering the password. This is a security feature.

Exception 2: This is a simple case of UiPath not identifying the SAP front screen - there must be something slightly different about the screen on one version compared to the other.

Can I able to run Desktop built xamls on a laptop. I couldnt achieve as the UI elements are not getting identified.

Any solution like changing laptop resolution settings ?

Thanks,
Vyshali C R

Hello.

Resolution change will not help. I think you will need to take a look at the selector from the laptop and from the desktop and see what is the difference between the two of them. After correct the differences by inserting wildcards:

• for replacing mutimple characters
  • ? just for one character

I think this video will be really usefull:

Hi Cosmin,

Thanks for the response.

I have used generic selector for identification.

-Vyshali C R