Running Process Monitor with Unattended bot

I am trying to run process monitor from an unattended bot.

1. It works if studio is ran as admin.
  2. It will work if I login to my bot machine and run it from UiPath robot if ran as admin.
  3. If I run it from orchestrator it fails.

The documentation says that the bot is ran as admin, but it does not seem to be able to see elevated windows. Any ideas?

The issue is it launches but Ui Path cannot see the windows handle.

1 Like

Hi, please let us know how it is your server configuration, like Windows version, robot installation type, uipath version etc.

19.10.3 Unattended.
|OS Name|Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard|
|Version|10.0.14393 Build 14393|

For the robot type i ask about this:

And also how is the UAC settings in your windows server?

I believe it was service mode but the account I used to install it is the same as the account assigned to the bot. Is there a way to double check this? do I need to check services?

Note: The UiPath Robot service is set to log on as Local System.

UAC: Never notify

ok, thx for the info, so what is the process monitor you are trying to automate? How to you execute it?

1 Like

project.zip (1.6 MB)

I am using an open application Activity.

ok, i see what it is, if run an application with elevated privileges, then the robot process cannot access it, unless it is run with the same…

1 Like

so does that mean it is not possible with an unattended bot using service mode? if it is possible how do I proceed?

I modified my install on my QA system to use user mode and the bot runs as expected.

I think it is possible, but dont know if you will want to do this, but forcing the robot to run on the server console might work.

1 Like

Thank you for the help! should I report this as a bug or is it expected behavior for UiPath?

It is expected and not really something about UiPath, just the way processes work… they become isolated and makes impossible to directly access it…

1 Like

If the service is using the same account as the process it should be able to see it though right? I feel like I am missing something here.

elevated privileges is not about user account directly… see this example in task manager about sessionID column, when you see 0 is elevated privileges, other in my case are in sessionId 2, so there is no way for one to see the other…
So i think if you use the option to login to console it might work:

1 Like

Thank you for the details!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.