Running a workflow in community edition getting license error

Installer(.exe or .msi):

License type(Free, Trial/License code): Community

Studio/Robot version:

Current behavior: Tried a simple workflow that screen scrapes data from test-acme site in a excel table. When I attempt to run, I get an error. I tried renewing the community license and restarting uipath. I also deleted the license files @ C:\Users\john\AppData\Local\UiPath. When I restarted and try to start my workflow, I got the same error. I tried renewing the license online and restarting but got the same error again.

Last view lines of the logs
20:32:01.2264 => [INFO] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Redirected PresentationCore to PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35.
20:32:01.2264 => [INFO] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Redirected System.Xaml to System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.
20:32:01.2264 => [INFO] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Redirected UiPath.System.Activities to UiPath.System.Activities, Version=19.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
20:32:01.2374 => [INFO] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Redirected UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities to UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities, Version=19.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
20:32:01.2374 => [INFO] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Redirected System.Data.DataSetExtensions to System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.
20:32:02.5564 => [INFO] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Redirected UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities.Design, Version=19.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null to UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities.Design, Version=19.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
20:32:02.8464 => [INFO] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Redirected UiPath.Excel.Activities.Design, Version=2.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null to UiPath.Excel.Activities.Design, Version=2.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
20:32:06.6424 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: To execute processes, please activate a license. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Exception: To execute processes, please activate a license.
at UiPath.Service.Licenses.LicenseManager.d__6.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.d__25.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.d__10.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous l…).

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to take the practical portion of the dev certification

Screenshot:

Hi @joriente

Welcome to the community!!!

In Studio, go to the help page and see what it says? There it should say what type of license you have and from where it is getting activated from. For example it will say Orchestrator for orchestrator activations and will say external for normal activations. Could you share a screenshot of that?

Note: make sure to mask the device ID :slight_smile:

1 Like

it community license. Says internal. Here is a screenshot
Thanks
John

1 Like

Hi @joriente

It looks fine. This should work. Normally if there is a license problem it throws that message as soon as you open the Studio.

This is for some additional info for you.

Try connecting with the orchestrator and get the license from the orchestrator… This might get it solved.

You first need to connect your local robot with the orchestrator. Once that is successfully done try clicking on license details button here in the screenshot you shared and get the license from the orchestrator.

Let know how it goes

That worked once I got the license from orchestrator.
Thanks much
John

Hi @joriente

If that worked please make sure to mark the appropriate answer as the solution too…

Thank you