Run VB Script in Server

Hello all,

I want to run the vb script using uipath logging in to server. UiPath is in vitual machine. I have to login to citrix server and have to run the script. Is ‘Start Process’ activity works? or I have to use ‘run(Win+r)’ to run the script. Please give your responses as early as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, use Start Process with “cscript.exe” and the .vbs file as the argument. (I’m assuming you mean it’s a .vbs file)
However, there can be problems with running it as admin if that’s needed, so you might need a powershell script to kick it off.

Example:

The .ps1 file just has this:
invoke-expression "cmd /C cscript ‘fullfilepath.vbs’"

1 Like

can you please detail the approach

Hi,

You can create a powershell script using Notepad but use a filetype as .ps1

The script will be like the above that I posted, but you may need the full filepaths.

invoke-expression "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /C c:\windows\system32\cscript.exe 'filepathofscript.vbs'"

You can also add arguments to be used in the script, but I can’t say I’m an expert; there is resources online on how to do use variables in powershell and pass them to .vbscripts though.

Hope that helps better.

Thanks.

thanks for input. will try this approach.

i am able to execute the vbs by using cscript.exec invoked from invokecode activity.
checking if there are options to run the cscript.exe command prompt in background