Rules for certification/uiard exam? Open book?

So I have to do the UiARD exam soon. Since I see very strict rules on the Pearson OnVue website, such as you’re not allowed to even use a notepad to write?

So what are the rules for the UiARD exam? Am I allowed to have Uipath Studio and Platform open to check stuff? I can’t find that info in the Exam description.

And are there differences when doing this online or in a test center?

HI @Whynotrobot

So will be not able view anything apart from the test questions

So after filling your details and submiting your photos test window will conquire your whole system you can’t access anything and if you connected to any othere extermal devices like HDMI cable something like that

You will get a popup to remove all the external screens something like that

Hope this helps/

Regards
Sudharsan

1 Like

Hi @Whynotrobot,

First, the supervisor will ask you to show your table and your room in general. Then you will answer questions with your camera open. As far as I know, your system is being monitored, I do not recommend joining with a very low quality computer because freezes may occur (Security programs etc.). I think a developer of about 1-2 years can comfortably take it.

Regards
Ömer

1 Like

Thanks, that’s good to know.
Is it the same at the Pearsonvue test locations? No access to docs.uipath.com allowed for example?

Yes in virtual or in test centers @Whynotrobot

Regards
Sudharsan

1 Like

Thanks all. I guess I really need to prepare for this exam then.

I did pass the practice quiz, but I’ve never used - in my 4 years working with Uipath - for example the monitor/trigger scope. So I’ll never know the correct argument of the top of my head :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I didn’t get you @Whynotrobot

Hi @Whynotrobot

Based on the Practice quiz, You can’t be more confident.

In the Main exam it will be more different. So be aware of that to.

All the best for the exam

Regards
Gokul

HI @Whynotrobot

Kindly close the topic by marking the solution ,

If you have any new queries apart from the topic you have created kindly open a new topic so that the readers will not get confused

Regards
Sudharsan

They are absurdly strict, I got messages from the proctor complaining that I was mouthing the questions as I do that when I read something and I’m trying to concentrate. If I spoke them out loud as I read them I think they’d have been very upset and risked failing me.
They also complained at one point because of my sitting position, I moved my head to the side and they complained it wasn’t dead centre of the screen.

They install stuff on your machine to make sure you cannot access anything on the web or any external applications so checking online resources or UiPath itself is totally off limits, which I understand as monitoring that would be too hard and make it too easy to cheat, however when they ask things like how ‘simulate click’ works vs ‘send windows messages’ I find it absurd they expect you to remember that. Like any good developer I refer to the documentation when I need to check that stuff, just press F1. But alas, exams are exams and you have to memorise some stuff that is not practically useful.

When you schedule the exam you get a chance to install the security stuff ahead of time and check out how it works.

The only thing you are allowed on your desk is a drink. The didnt specify any rules on the drinks though so I had some beers to drink as I took the exam.

1 Like

Dude, I should have known this beforehand, I would definitely bring a cold beer just to calm the nerves down, lol

Hahaha, indeed. I was all prepared to have a debate with them on this as their rules do not exclude alcohol and merely say ‘drink’, so I was ready to argue, but they either didn’t notice or do not mind a beer whilst you take your exam.

I was mostly doing it to test the rules to be honest as I can be abit of a chaos monkey when someone tries to give me really strict rules and look for loopholes.

1 Like

Reading your post, I can attest that the process of taking certifications exams, especially in an online format, can indeed be rigorous and sometimes confusing. As a UiPath professional, I have also encountered similar requirements and rules that seem overly strict.