RPA Implementation with or without external partners

All,

Could you share your experience with implementing RPA with or without an external partner? Pros and cons? Thank you

:dollar: :dollar: :fire: :fire_engine: :dollar: :dollar: :grinning:
:vs:
:fire: :fire: :fire:::fire_extinguisher: :fire_extinguisher::fire_extinguisher::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire_extinguisher::fire_extinguisher::fire::fire::fire_extinguisher::grinning:

Hahaha lol…Is that from your own experience @Florent_Salendres?
Could you share more details about your experience?

Hi @ruei

I was mostly on the Implementation partner side so my opinion may be slightly biased.

If you ask me, i would tell you:

RPA isn’t easy (including development, infrastructure, governance etc…) but powerful.
There is a lot of mistake to do and to learn from.

Having someone on your side with experience in the area will certainly be helpful.
During an implementation project, it is very easy to run in circle for months to save Nickels at the end.

The most important part of your of any Implementation is its identification and scoping phase (What the Robot(s) will automate)

It will decide how painful will be your coming months, sometime it is better to descopes one part of a process (set it as a Business Exception) which would make the Solution grow in complexity and impact its stability.

You will also see that RPA and wgat is around becomes very quickly political, I believe having someone external and neutral, supposedly objective is a good asset.

Do not underestimate support of existing solution and change management, those are key part of successful implementation.

It is great to build a robot, it’s rather better if it works!

There is much more to say, but at the end that will highly depend on your company and where you want to go, how do you see RPA in couple of year.

Cheers