RPA Developer Foundation - Feedback Space

The issue vlad reported back in February about practice 1 web text and solution file not matching still exists.

“Inconsistency between a practice solution (web text) and solution file (for example in Data Manipulation - Practice 1 you have way more elements in the web text than in the file you download).”

Practice 3 of Excel and Data Tables - There is no way on earth anyone could successfully complete the assignment with the information provided without peaking at the solution! There really should be some better directions that indicate what the expected output is.

2 Likes

Hello,
I have just begun the UiPath Developer Foundation Training.

The course is well laid out, the videos are conscise and informative.

Some minor issues I have noticed:

• Progress saving is inconsistent, requiring scrolling through the content if the window is closed and reopened.
  • The first UiPath Studio instructional video should mention that it is better not to use the browser you are taking the course in, as it tends to mess with the existing tabs (leading to the issue above).
  • The video player would benefit from implementing the standard hotkeys, such as spacebar to pause and play. (edit: it seems they are implemented but only work if the window is in focus)

Other than that it has been a positive experience so far, and I am looking forward to the remainder of the course.

Hello,

some of the learning resources or links documentation aren’t up to date some has the error 404

Great course! It will be beneficial if there are some deliverables templates for us to download eg Opportunity Assessment, PDD etc. It would help the newbies like me greatly!

It’s a well-organized training for new leaners in to RPA, the phase of the training and videos are good, One difficulty is that while practicing the steps, getting error ‘HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM’ when selecting an item from the list. Couldn’t find the solution how to fix this issue.

Overall the Academy is good.

Hey,

Again I’m stuck, this time on “Practice 3 - Dictionaries & Integers” of Data manipulation. There is something wrong with my the invoke method but I can’t figure out what is causing is. If someone could help that would be great. Main.xaml (7.1 KB)

Typo in paragraph in Data Manipulation / Strings section.

What are some business scenarios in which you will most likely encounter dictionaries?

should instead read:

What are some business scenarios in which you will most likely encounter strings?

The Dictionary section follows the String section and this might have leaked from there.

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post on, but can someone explain why in Arguments demo, the ‘isValidInput’ direction is changed from Out to to In/Out? Why would it fail if it was not changed?

1 Like

Informative and Useful for Developers, Thanks to UiPath.

About the “Learning Resources” part, it is quite cover the full references for this course, but it is better for included in the specific lesson.

great

This one was a bit frustrating because the description of what was to be solved in Exercise 3 and the solution were really not very close. The description says percent (as in, of the total expenses) while the solution is percent of the given month’s total

Had a great experience, save the fact that when I login with a different browser, my progress is reset to zero when in fact I have finished the module

1 Like

It was OK. Not into Visual Basic I spent some time converting the tasks/examples into C#. That was good training and I wonder if you should change it or not (please do). Some of the examples involve English dates. Well, I don’t use English dates and have no use for them. I want to handle different formats, as do probably many other.

In the Selectors module, the Practice 1 solution does not get the website data appropriately (there may have been changes to the website).

Also, on this practice, I am getting an error when I attempt the “Add Data Row” that “None of the overload groups have all their required/optional activity arguments configured.” I have not discovered a difference between my command and the one that is in the solution, any suggestions?

Was disappointed in the Selector Module. Not enough information to effectively execute the exercises.

Hello.
In Practice 3 - Data Scraping & UI Elements there are the following issues:

1. no information about what the url I have to go
  2. when I used Data scrapping, the wisard generated not the same “ExtractMethadata” as in solution file. Of course I could not get all the data. How to correct this attribute I have no idea and there is not information in docs.uipath.com

It has been good so far ,yet lot to discover.

Thanks for opportunity to learning !