RPA consultant

Hi Experts,

Could any one help me to better understand what is the difference between role of the
RPA CONSULTANT AND RPA DEVELOPER?
Currently i am working RPA developer. but i want to become a RPA consultant role so
what should i know prerequisite for this role?

can anyone suggest me please

Thanks in Advance
Abu

4 Likes

An Consultant looks at technology from the business perspective. They offer advice on latest technology trends & best practices. This way they help clients make better business decisions.

A Developer takes the approved technical specification and looks at implementing the same to get things working.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

5 Likes

Thank you @KarthikByggari.

Is there any specific experience to need should i want to become a RPA consultant or RPA business analyst kind of position?

3 Likes

Hi @Abubakkar
To be brief with my experience,
The RPA developer focuses on from design to implement an RPA process,
The RPA consultant focuses on how to design an RPA process to help clients.
If you want to be a consultant, you need to focus on not only implementing RPA processes, but requirements of your clients.

5 Likes

Hi
Let’s go one by one
Where
RPA Consultants will be responsible for design, development, testing and implementation of RPA bots that will interact with multiple third party applications. The consultant will identify opportunities for improvement in existing processes and automate those processes using RPA software; fine tune performance and operation issues that arise with RPA Bots; and provide on-going operational support including upgrades, defect fixes and any Process change activities.

Additionally, the RPA Consultant will function as an integrator between business and technology, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients’ business needs. This process entails defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing, prototyping, and testing custom technology solutions, and supporting system implementation

And
Generally, RPA developers are responsible for the creation, design, development, and implementation of RPA systems .

They are required to investigate, analyze, and set up automated processes to maximize efficiency for a business model. This is done with the help of RPA technologies and tools.

For RPA Consultants we need around

• 2+ years of relevant RPA bot development experience with one of the market leading RPA platforms: Automation Anywhere, BluePrism and/or UiPath
  • 2+ years of experience in programming (.NET, Java, ETL etc.)
  • 1+ years’ experience leading work streams or small teams

and for RPA developers

• Experience with one or more RPA technologies (e.g. UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism)
  • At least 2 to 4 years of professional experience in programming (including scripting /coding), SQL and relational databases, and application development

Hope this would help you
Cheers @Abubakkar

7 Likes

Thank you @Palaniyappan.
The information is very useful for me.
what about RPA Business Analyst role?
Is this same as rpa consultant similar to

2 Likes

for Business analyst and Solution architect we have a special course on their roles and responsiblities in our UiPath academy, that would surely add you more insights on that especially with UiPath and RPA point of view

https://academy.uipath.com

Cheers @Abubakkar

2 Likes

Thank you @Palaniyappan

1 Like

Kindly let know for any queries or clarification
cheers @Abubakkar

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.