RPA Advanced Assignment 2 - Invalid Selector Exception

Hi Everyone,

Kindly assist I’m busy with Assignment 2 when testing “System1_CreateYearlyReport” I’m encountering exception error “Invalid Selector Exception” on the click year activity. I’m unable to select year.

Thank you in advance.

Umm… can you post the selector please?

thanks

@AndyMenon

"<html title='ACME System 1 - Reports - Download Monthly Report' /><webctrl aaname='" +in_Year+"'parentid='searchForm' tag='A' />"

Try clicking on the indicate element, is it able to identify the drop down?

No it does not identify the drop down, but it is able to select month. I have captured month the way same as “Click Target Year”

Hi,
Click on the year option and then you can click on the year which you are looking for.

Let us know if this helps,

Regards,
Pavan H

@pavanh003

It is able to select year
"
" only if the selector is not modified according to assignment 2 instructions

"<html title='ACME System 1 - Reports - Download Monthly Report' /><webctrl aaname='" +in_Year+"'parentid='searchForm' tag='A' />" 

Thanks, I will need to check it later because it does not download a report yet

I think the select option can work on the this one… Can you please try that activity?

Don’t change any identifier and try passing 2019 or 2018 and see if that’s getting updated correctly ?

1 Like

I did the same

I have just used two click activities, first one opens drop downlist and second one click on the selected year. I’m omitting instruction from pdf of which I’m not sure if that is allowed or best practice. After testing System1_GenerateYearlyRepor, report is downloaded successfully.

Did you confirm that the in_Year parameter is being passed to the selector?

One way to do it is to hard code 2018 in its place and see if the selector works.

Please find the attached images as per Assignment 2 instructions, I ended up not updating the selector

1 Like