Row Index Question

Hi All,

I have a screenshot of a current issue I am having. So to give some context to this issue… We have to do a comparison of data, but there are 2 different modules that we are using in order to get the data we need. The issue is that sometimes a profile may have 2 users vice once. The 2 blank rows will be filled out in the 2nd module IF existing information exist in the excel. Once we get to the 2nd module the 2 blank rows will be filled out by a “Match” OR “No Match” but the issue is that when I do a write cell it will skip a row or 2. What would be the best way to alleviate this issue? There may not always be 2 borrowers, so I see this issue happening just when there are 2 borrowers. In the sample provided this is a simple scenario on what is happening. When I am inputting the other information I am using append range, when there is existing data from the 1st module, in the 2nd module I will be using write cell to fill in the blank rows.

Thank you

Hi @Sunny_D

Welcome to UiPath Forum

From what you mentioned, I understand that when you are trying to write some data into Cell E5, it is getting updated in either E6 or E7.

based on my understanding, while giving the cell number did u consider the header row and row count to start from 0 ?

Hi,

No I have no. I think the issue is that there are times where the row count will be off by 2. How would I be able to capture that accurately?

Are you manipulating all the data in Excel, or using datatable(s) for the analysis?

If you’re using data tables, the issue is possibly, but unlikely in how you’re writing the analysis back to Excel at the end (check to make sure you’re starting at the correct cell). I am doubtful this is the case since headers and all else seems to be OK.
It would be more likely there is an error in the logic used to do the analysis and/or it is not set up to handle certain parts of the data. This is usually the part that takes me a few trial runs to perfect - I find I set up counters wrong, used a filter or join incorrectly, pulled in the wrong column, etc. Log messages are helpful here to make sure variables being used are actually the ones you want to be using and hold expected values.

If you are doing all the manipulation in Excel, that is a more challenging thing to troubleshoot and I have limited experience working with it.