Root Tray : - error message gets display after opening robot tray. want to display message on screen once robot stop

Hi folks,

need help on below scenario.

I am running process or workflows from robot tray. if robot get stop (because of “selector not found” or any other reason) running process. to check why it is stop i need to open robot tray then error message gets display.

instead of opening robot tray “want to display error message on screen once robot gets stop

is it possible? how?

@Palaniyappan
@AshwinS2
@Benone.Samuel.India

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi @prashantP

Is the process has validation errors

Thanks
Ashwin S

1 Like

thanks @AshwinS2 for quick response

You mean try catch ? or any other error handling methods ?
answer - no

1 Like

Hi @prashantP

yes but does the xaml has any errors
like a blue icon on your right hand side

Thanks
Ashwin S

1 Like

@AshwinS2

Inside studio ?
here,

this one is another process screen shot, just to correct me.

1 Like

Hi @prashantP

In the output panel can you check the errors and try to resolve it and then try to publish it

Thanks
Ashwin S

1 Like

@AshwinS2

I am not getting an error during publish the project.

1 Like

Hi @prashantP

In Output Panel you are not able to view the errors is it click on the red error icons

Thanks
Ashwin S

1 Like

@AshwinS2

I am not getting you ? Please correct me.

i want to show an error message on screen which occurs during running workflow from a robot tray.

1 Like

@AshwinS2
@Palaniyappan
@lakshman

pls help

2 Likes

@Palaniyappan @lakshman @loginerror lease have a look into my scenario

2 Likes

Hi @prashantP

Use try catch block of your xaml and then use message box to print the error message

Thanks
Ashwin S

2 Likes

Fine
As you are running the process from robot tray it should be like the system is on and you are in front of it
In that case we can place the whole sequence inside the TRY block in TRY CATCH activity
So that if any error occurs it will come to catch block and there we can use Message Box activity and mention the input as Exception.Source.ToString to Know the source and to know the exception message keep the input as Exception.Message.ToString

Cheers @prashantP

3 Likes

Message box with exception or the input Dialog box with error(a)Exception as title in catch block will solve your problem

2 Likes

hey thank you @AshwinS2 @Palaniyappan and @karthick

currently i am using invoke method for 5 workflow so, if i used 5 times try catch for each workflow it will look like this screen shot attached below.

so, if i get an error it will throw error message like below snap.
after click on “ok”. i used terminate workflow other wise it will execute next invoke workflow

is it possible to hide below message. it appears when opening robot tray after terminating workflow. I know its standard message but still it is possible?

2 Likes

Fine
is this error throwing from this workflow like due to TERMINATE WORKFLOW
and to avoid that popup kindly try with this buddy
BlankProcess11.zip (10.0 KB)

Cheers @prashantP

3 Likes

What type of application you use ?

Correct me if am wrong , If 1st xaml is success, need to proceed with 2nd workflow right?

Why cant you place all the workflows in a try block?.Whatever exception happens in any xaml , it will be caught in catch block and process will end there.

Is possible Use Kill Process in catch block to kill your application and move to next step

Let me know if you need further help .

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.