Robots and Assets

Hello,
I’m new to Uipath and did my first steps. Today I would like to ask the following: Can/may a robot change the value of an asset, so that a second robot will be informed about that doing?
The reason is this: We would like that robots work on files (in this case that are Excel files). These files are all together in one directory.
Now one robot should open one file and work on it. The other robot wil start a few minutes later and he also should work on files. But he should ignore files that are opend by the first robot and the first should do the same with files opend by the second robot.
I thought it would be a fine thing if both robots could tell the orchestrator which file they are processing at a moment. After processing a file the robot will move that file to another directory. This will prevent that files are processed more than one time.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards
Martin

Hi.

In 2018 version, there is a Set Asset activity. So yeah you can use that one.

It’s more common though to use files to communicate between processes. Like one process will execute while a certain file or value is not correct or available. In other words, you could read data from a spreadsheet that let’s a process know how to move forward, or you can also use File Exist check in your code.

I hope that helps.

Regards.