Robot slows down after several iterations in SAP GUI

Hi all,

I use transaction VA01 in SAP.
I use REFramework for a Record in SAP.
The record has header an table data.

At the bottom is a grid table where the Robot has to enter three values in separate columns.
At the beginning of the process the robot types with maximum speed.
Typing takes about 0.5 to 1 second.
After a few transactions typing into the table gets slower and slower.
Each time the robot takes about 2 to 3 seconds to type into the cell.

Closing SAP GUI after 3 or 4 Iterations completely prevents this from happening.
However opening SAP GUi and getting back to the VA01 mask takes about 40 seconds.
Means opening and closing is not an option if you have 150 Transactions.

Looking at the memory - there is nothing build up.
Also this process was previously performed with Automation Anywhere with no issues regarding to slowing down.

One workarround besides closing the SAP GUI was to build up a struckture in the clipboard like this: value 1 + vbtab +vbtab + value 2+ vbtab +value 3 + vbtab to have only one action to type into the table row. This is a workaround but not my favorite.

Any ideas how to speed things up.

Regards
#T

1 Like

Hello @thorsten-wack!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi,

did you find any solution? I’m facing the same issue. I use Set text activity inside Parallel activity and I don’t use the Sap Table Cell Scope activity which is slower. What I noticed is that the physical memory is growing up slightly (very slightly) but there is still enough of it. The problem is that after 1 day of operation of the bot, each data entry sequence slows down.

It looks like this:

fresh running after starting the bot:
writing the first line in SAP takes approx. 1 sec.
writing the 50th line approx. 10 sec.

still running bot after one day of operation:
writing the first line in SAP takes approx. 3 sec.
writing the 50th line 30 sec.

The times are increased while the bot is running.

The moment I turn the bot off and on, the data entry time decreased again. By simply turning the bot off and on. At the same time, the physical memory also slightly decreased to the original value.

I’m trying to find a solution, but I really have no idea what’s going on here. I can imagine that any growing cache would slow it down -maybe, but I don’t believe it can have that much of an impact. In the case of thousands of data records, this becomes a serious problem.

Thanks also to anyone else who has/had problems with this and has any suggestions.

1 Like

In our case we opened a ticket with the UiPath support.
As it seems our Virus scanner slowed down the activities significantly.
Try to figure that out.

It looked like something was building up in memory but this was not the case.

Regards
T