Robot Crashes when Reading large Excel files

I have also used with more then twenty k records and more.

Some excel package version sometime before was appeared but it was resolved for me or rest.

which excel version you are using? can i get that sample excel to check if data is not that much confidential? in PM? if you can share.

:slight_smile:

Regards…!!
AKsh

Hi thanks for replying.

Older version of Excel Activies I copied from a machine not being used for development at the moment.
UiPath.Excel.Activities.2.0.6361.22986

Newest version that was being used when the problem started coming up:
UiPath.Excel.Activities.2.0.6382.14545

To me, it seems like it’s related to the Studio update, not the Activity package.

I think I would need to ask the owner permission to send the Excel file since it’s not my file. I might try and duplicate the issue with another file of similar size. It’s the weekend though and so I might not get to to doing that til next week :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks.

Hey @ClaytonM

haha sure enjoy your weekend :slight_smile: may be but same version i m using of studio :slight_smile: hope you will find something may be that will be useful for me as well :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
AKsh

I’m having the same issue, reading a xlsx file with 300 000 rows in it. Robot Crashes in a few seconds.
The file is quite big, even when I open it manually it takes a while to load.

Any solutions yet?

Have we got any solution for this problem??

Regards,
Arun

Read it in chunks:

Thanks. I’m adding data from several excel files into a single excel file.

Another solution I came with was to make a macro that will cut and paste data from a file to another.

Hi,
I am facing same error when loading excel file with data of 54K rows and column till - FD.
This is not the file issue.
Till now it is looks like UiPath limitation of not loading large excel file. This is a show stopper for our project now which I am working.

I have written a C# application to read the same file and loadinf data to datatable which is working fine.

Please give some solution.

Thanks,
Suman

Are you using Output data table for the final large table this causes the issue. try writing the data in sample excel rather than using output data table if you are using any.

Hi,
I am reading 1000k rows from same excel…anxd it is working so fine…

Large file load is working if there are 8 GB RAM. My PC has 4 GB ram and here the large file is not opening. But it is opening from laptop where it has 8 GB RAM. Not sure if this is the actual reason.

1 Like

@badita

I am getting “UiPath robot stopped unexpectedly” from the Connect Activity when i am establishing connection to the input excel file. I have my input excel file and UiPath Studio in the local environment. But the application I am working on is inside Citrix.

Regards,
Apoorva

I m not sure i understand your scenario, can you send me a sample wf?

Main.xaml (33.4 KB)

Sure. Please find the attachment. I have my Connect activity in the Retry scope. I have used disconnect activity at the end of the process which i haven’t shared here. The error is arising only from the Connect activity when i tried debugging.

Also attaching the error message with this.

Hi did you get any solution for this ? I’m also facing the same issue .

Try increasing the WCF channel size :

Hi, I have already tried this. My machine is not connected with the orchestrator. The Bot tends to run sometimes and sometimes it randomly fails at a particular step, without logging any error/ exception.

I have also tried splitting the step in submodule and marking activities/invoke as private. It also didn’t work.

The link I sent you actually contained an error, wcf is not the channel between robot and orchestrator, it’s the channel between robot service and executor. It was fixed now.
Is there anything logged, when the job fails, in event viewer ?
Can you enable low level logging (cmd > UiRobot.exe --enableLowLevel), try to make the flow fail again and see what is logged in event viewer ?

What version are you using?

Hey andreiT I am unable to find the maxReceivedMessageSize in my UiPath.Service.Host.exe.config file. I am running 2020.4.1 sutdio. Would the version of my studio affect where the maxReceivedMessageSize would be?

Hi tamim,
That is correct, in 2020.4.1 we are using another custom channel to communicate between processes, not WCF, so that option is not longer present.
Do you have problems processing a large file ? Can you explain your problem in more detail ?