Robot connected. But not showing licensed, even though license code is valid. Orchestrator's license is active

Hi Friends,

I have enterprise trail license, which is valid until this month 20th, 2018. For this license i can able to connect 10 dev bots, 10 attended and 10 unattended robots.

My issue:
I created a VM and installed uipath robot. robot connected to the orchestrator, but can’t able to get licensed.
image . Please help me.

I have created environment and added the robot to the environment. I did everything. still the robot is not getting licensed.

Thanks,
Naga Sripathi

Hi,
Can you please hover the mouse button over the Connected status in tray?
Does it say “no more licenses available” ?

Also, can you post a picture of the Licenses page in Orchestrator?

Thanks,
-Andrei

Thanks for the reply. Here you go.image

And what does the hover over the robot tray’s status say ? The one where is says “Connected”.
Also, can you open event viewer, refresh robot tray and see if there is any error displayed there ?

Thanks,

Hi @andreiT hope this thread is still alive. I am having the same issue as @nagachaithanya where the Robot is connected and status is Unavailable both in Robot tray and in Orchestrator. I am running on a licensed EE

@andreiT please see if you can assist. @nagachaithanya please assit if you managed to resolve the issue

@andreiT I have done the steps you have advised and I am getting the following on the Event Viewer.

UiPath.Service.Host 19.4.4.0
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —> UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorHttpException: An error has occurred.
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorClientExtensions.d__3.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorBaseClient.d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorClient.d__22.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Licenses.LicenseManager.d__7.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.d__20.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Messages.MessageDispatcher.d__19.MoveNext()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.Service.Core.MessageDispatcherExtensions.DispatchSync(IMessageDispatcher dispatcher, IMessage message)
at UiPath.Service.UiPathRemote.AcquireLicensedRobot(Int32 autoReleaseProcessId)
at SyncInvokeAcquireLicensedRobot(Object , Object , Object )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object inputs, Object& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
—> (Inner Exception #0) UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorHttpException: An error has occurred.
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorClientExtensions.d__3.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorBaseClient.d__5.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorClient.d__22.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Licenses.LicenseManager.d__7.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.d__20.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Messages.MessageDispatcher.d__19.MoveNext()<—
, HResult -2146233088

Is the robot status Unavailable or Unlicensed ?
What does it say when you hover over this status in the robot tray?

Similar issue here.
On robot machine in robot tray it says: robot is unavailable. Hovering over that message gives: robot does not exist.
But robot is coupled with orchestrator and there it says robot is available.
What to do next?

When I was playing around with the various status and common errors, this is what I gleamed from “Robot Unavailable”, note that this was done with 2018.3.x, so the status message or causes could be different in later versions.

Robot unavailable with white icon: UiRobot is successfully connected to an Orchestrator instance but a Machine and or Robot record has not been created yet.

1. If Or​chestrator Configuration settings are blank, a Machine and Robot record does not exists.
  2. If Orchestrator Configuration settings are populated:
    a) A Machine record exists, but a Robot record does not
    b) A Machine and Robot record exists, but the current logged in user does not match the username of the Robot.
1 Like

In our case the solution was: give the robot more rights on the uipath folder (at least that’s what our techies told me)

@uipath-people: is there somewhere any documentation on this - what rights are minimal required on which folders? Looked for it but couldn’t find it