Retry not working

Hello friends,
@rkelchuri, @Ninett_Panfir, @Rammohan91, @balupad14, @Florent_Salendres, @vvaidya, @Palaniyappan, @ClaytonM, @vvaidya, @lakshman, @Dave
I have this retry block.
Sometimes the page doesn’t load correctly and I cannot see the “Microsoft print to pdf” tab

The retry isn’t working.
Can you please help me?
Cami :slight_smile:

@CamiCat

Try with On Element Appear or Element Exists activity and indicate that element. If it exists then perform actions else reload the page.

2 Likes

Thank you @lakshman,

can you please attach screenshots or xaml?
Thank you,
Cami

1 Like

@CamiCat

1. use On Element Appear activity and indicate that required element on the page. If it exists then continue and mention those steps in Do section.

And also change RepeatForever from True to False in properties of On Element Appear activity.

1. Use Element Exists activity and will give you output as boolean variable.If it is exists then continue else reload the page.

1 Like

I think yours is something different
This “Microsoft print to pdf” will appear only when we try to print the page we want and it’s an option the print tab while we want to choose the printer option
May I know why we use select item here inside the retry scope
Kindly elaborate a bit more in this process pls

Cheers @CamiCat

1 Like

Thank you so much @Palaniyappan and @lakshman
When I click on the button “Stampa” in this page

it should appear rhis window

But sometimes it doesn’t load correctly and it remains black, without showing the window with “Microsoft Print to pdf”.
How can I implement in order to handle this exception?
Can you please share a xaml?
Thank you, Cami

2 Likes

Fine
Let’s do one thing
—use a click activity and click on stampa and make sure that simulate click property is enabled in the property panel of CLICK activity
—then use a element exists activity and get the output with a variable of type Boolean named out_elementexists
—use a IF condition and mention like this
out_elementexists = True
If then condition is true it will go to THEN part where we can use a attach window activity and choose that print window as a element and inside this attach window activity use a click activity and click on the stampa button
Or
It will go to ELSE part where we can use first a delay activity with some time stamp and use a retry scope activity where in the upper part of retry scope use a attach window and select that print page as element and click on the stampa button to print with a click activity same as we did earlier in the above steps but inside a retry scope and in the condition part of retry scope use a element exist choosing that print window as element

Cheers @CamiCat

1 Like

So did that work buddy
Cheers @CamiCat

1 Like

Not yet unfortunately @Palaniyappan :frowning: :frowning:

1 Like

No worries
May I know what was the issue
Cheers @CamiCat

1 Like