Retry in process state

Hi team,
within the process I have a series of document downloads from a web portal(around 500).
I was wondering, within the framework, in case of an error, how can I manage a retry starting from the last number of the document downloaded?
Consider that before this operation others are made that I do not want to repeat.

Thanks in advance

@andreus91

You can push the data to Queue and later define how many retries are required

So when there is failure due to some exception, It will retry as per your retries specified

Hope this may help you

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks. In this case I am not using the queues. Other ideas?

You should be using queues. Why aren’t you?

1 Like

@andreus91

Okay the same you can do with by making the transaction item as Datarow, but you need to customize the retries in Config file according to that

Hope this may help you

Thanks

1 Like

I have a lot of activities and invoke workflow to do before that.
So, imagine that i use queues, how can i load queues in get transaction state if i’ve done some activities in process?

You should have a dispatcher automation that loads data into the queue (creates queue items) then a performer automation that processes them. To give more detail, we’d have to know more about your process.

Hi @andreus91,

If you dont want to use queues, then you can define no of retries in below highlighted field in your config file under Constants sheet.

This will enable retries functionality even when not using queues.

Regards
Sonali

after downloading each file you can add the file name in to one excel file, and before you do retry, you can read that excel file and check if that has the same file name which you supposed to download - if available do not download, if not then download.

2 Likes

First of all , if you know the exact number of documents to be downloaded (as you say 500), either you can have an asset of integer to increment as soon as the file gets downloaded. It can start from where it left. Otherwise, you can have file name saved in asset or excel. So bot will start from it left.

1 Like