Retrieving E-mail Body and Sender Details

Nobody any idea here? Anyone has the same problem?

I believe the problem might come with Microsoft Office 2016 Updates (32-Bit) from July (I am using Windows 10).
I think before the update, everything worked fine.

Hi @MW23

Is it possible for you to test it on another machine? It would give more clues as to what went broken.

Having the same problem here. It seems like the only property missing from my mailmessage objects are the Sender and From info. Everything else including headers and attachments are just fine.

BTW I’m grabbing mail by the get IBM mail activity from a 9.0.1 Notes client. When I use a custom activity to get locally saved mail into a Mailmessage object everything seems to work perfectly. And yes, the same piece of mail would trigger this error when grabbed directly from Notes and would do fine when grabbed locally.

I also experienced a null Mail.Sender or Mail.From. I tried running as administrator at both Outlook and UiPath, executed a few times and it’s working fine.

Will be sending more feedback after I tested enough.

After a few tests, it has something to do with the connectivity of Outlook and Exchange. Going offline would cause the value of Sender to be empty but the value of the Body can be captured by UiPath.

Not sure if running Administrator helps, but I didn’t experience any errors yet.

Found out that running as administrator doesn’t solve it, but I can say it has to do with connectivity of Outlook to Exchange.

Hi,

Any resolution on this?

I am trying to retrieve the sender’s mail id using “Mailitem.sender”. It was throwing Object reference error. Besides this, also i did observe that the issue occurs only with few senders. Not for every sender though.

Thanks…

Hi @SudhakarAs92

I would suggest you to debug your process and check the Locals panel to closely inspect the properties of the variable.

You should be able to find out what the issue is this way :slight_smile:

Hi @loginerror

I just checked and observed that Sender value comes as Null. Whereas rest of the values seems to be coming. Also I checked for other mail IDs for which the sender info is available. Any clue as to under what circumstances such things would occur? Thanks.

Capture

Is there something special about this particular email?

Office365 emails coming forwarded to Outlook with additional secure headers causing this issue of null for mail.from and mail.sender

Is that a known issue with latest package as i am on UiPath.Mail.Activities 1.1.6382.14550

Should i upgrade and try?

I thought i will inform how we resolved our issue. We just removed and added back the outlook email folder/dropbox account after the recent upgrade to office 365. Outlook sync occurred and the code was working back. Hope this shed some light on this to those having sync issues.

@loginerror
Not really. Its just another Mail ID.

Hello,

I have the same issues as @MW23 and others
Please reply and give solution.

Regards, Bogdan

Hello,

I also faced that null sender and null from value. It was a client case and I talked with their IT and they said senders can block these information or can send the e-mail without sender information to prevent to get a reply (preventing to get reply to sender mail address but addressing a reply to mail in mail.ReplyToList). I couldn’t get full technical explanation and how to do it but from specific domains I keep receiving the mails in same format. If you are using exchange to get mails you can see replyToList and most probably you will find a useful mail address in there. So in my case, the problem was the email, not the activity.

If I find more details about it I will update.

I had a similar issue when iterating over a collection of emails, not sure if this applies to all who are having issues, but may apply to some. I noticed that calendar related items in the inbox were causing this issue; since they weren’t mail items, they had no sender.

It may be that the exception is being thrown when a calendar type item (I think things like accepted and/or declined items, etc., and maybe the invite itself - having trouble remembering as this was awhile ago).

I hope this helps.

Hey…
Try tihs
MailItem.From.Address

Hello,

In my case, i was running the outlook in offline mode, making the outlook online and trying to retrieve sender.address and from.address was working fine, make it offline again, the error pops up. Seems more like a outlook problem rather than UiPath. Hope this helps!

Hi,
I have the same problem only with certain emails and only these emails.
Does anyone have a solution please?
Best regards,
David

3 posts were split to a new topic: Mail.From.Address is returning a null value in Production while works in Debug