When we use Resume after delay, the process get suspended but it is not getting resumed after resume time…Can anyone suggest a solution for this.
If a process in UiPath is not getting resumed after the specified delay time when using the “Delay” activity with the “Resume after” option, there could be a few possible reasons and solutions:
- Make sure that the “Delay” activity is not being used within a loop or a sequence that is being repeated. If this is the case, the delay time may need to be adjusted or a different approach may need to be used.
- Check if the “Resume after” option is set to a valid time interval in milliseconds. If the value is set to a string or a non-numeric value, the process may not be able to resume correctly.
- Ensure that the “Delay” activity is not being interrupted by other activities or processes running simultaneously. If there are other activities or processes running at the same time, it may be necessary to adjust the delay time or use a different approach.
- Try using the “Timeout” property of the “Delay” activity to specify the maximum amount of time that the process should wait before resuming, instead of using the “Resume after” option.
- If none of the above solutions work, try restarting UiPath or the computer and running the process again. This may help resolve any issues with the UiPath software or the computer’s performance that may be causing the delay to not resume.