Response button in Outlook mail

Hi All,

I was wondering if it is possible to add a response button to an email message. So I am looking to create a way wereby I get responses on my messages via a push button. This can be a simple Yes or No button, via this way I am able to check if my messages are legit.

Kind regards,

JJ

Hello @JJ_kobalt,
You can try this- Hope this helps.
Set objOutlook = CreateObject(“Outlook.Application”)
Set objMail = objOutlook.CreateItem(0)
objMail.Display 'To display message
objMail.To = “Sender email address”
objMail.Subject = “Test Mail Subject”
objMail.Body = “This is Email Body”
objMail.VotingOptions=“Yes;No”
objMail.Send
objOutlook.Quit
Set objMail = Nothing
Set objOutlook = Nothing

Copy the above code in notepad and save as .vbs for running. This will create voting buttons for you.

You can refer the below link for the same-
Add voting options to a mail item | Microsoft Learn

Or You can also try invoke code activity-

You may get error using Interop.Outlook namespace ; to resolve you have to follow the steps-
mantioned inthe link-HOWTO: Use MS Office COM interop with UiPath

3 Likes

@JJ_kobalt, as Lipika said… after creating the vbs file… just call it by using open application activity from UiPath. It will work .

@Lipika_Porey Thanks, after some struggles it almost worked, but the votingOptions is not recognized. Do you know how this can happen?

In addition, is it possible to include the votingbuttons as a easy to recognise button within the body text?

Like this:

I want it as easy accessible as possible.

Hello,

To create this button on an email body you need to use Send Outlook email activity and check the ‘Is body Html’ option.

And In the body of the email you can try this-

2 Likes

Thanks, is there an option to send the email direct automatically? It now opens the microsoft mail application, opening the outlook application would also be more favorable.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.