Resolution when it is not possible to access https://docs.uipath.com/ .
How to fix the 1020 Access Denied error for docs.uipath.com website?
- Gather data about the error and provide them to UiPath Support:
- Ray ID
- Switch/check network
- Restart router/modem (if they have dynamic IPs, they might receive a new IP)
- Switch browser + check extensions
- Clear cache/cookies
- Check the VPN/Proxy
- Check if other people on the same network (same IP or inside the company) have the same issue.
Sample screenshot with the error message:
How does an IP become listed as suspicious/malicious?
- An IP is not marked as suspicious manually. But automatically based on multiple reasons, such as sending a lot of emails that the receivers mark as spam, using proxies or VPNs that seem suspicious, browsing unsafe websites, etc.
Why do some people receive 1020 Access Denied error for docs.uipath.com website?
The http://docs.uipath.com website is running on ReadMe (documentation platform) infrastructure and is proxied through UiPath CloudFlare.
Both UiPath and ReadMe use CloudFlare security policies to mitigate potential attacks. These policies include denying access to users coming from IPs marked as suspicious.
What is 1020 error?
The 1020 Access Denied error occurs when a website denies access to a user because their IP is listed as suspicious/malicious.
Most websites use CloudFlare for hosting, which uses their or a third party IP database (these database are created and maintained by companies such as Neustar) to choose IPs that can or cannot access their resources based on certain policies.
These databases are updated dynamically and automatically (IPs are both added and removed from blacklisted/suspicious lists).