Reporting Kibana

i_planned
orchestrator
reporting

Hi guys,

What plans do you have for improving the out of the box reporting? In my opinion this a major missing feature - I know there have been some basic charts implemented but it should be easy to see a lot more information and even edit queries.

RD

@Teodor_Hoaghea

We’re waiting for new ideas on how to achieve that. What reports would you need?

@richarddenton have you seen this dashboard? http://search-uipath5-jmnshqtbpnsscykb3ysarqs6ce.us-east-1.es.amazonaws.com/_plugin/kibana/app/kibana#/dashboard/Charts

Results not displaying sorry, although it looks like what I’m after. Can you show screenshots please?

Just change the timeframe - top-right corner

Thanks. Yes these are very nice looking charts. Maybe we can discuss next week when we catch up @Teodor_Hoaghea ?

@Teodor_Hoaghea Currently we are using the basic version of Kibana 5.5.2, since this does not come with Security and Dashboard only feature, we have built a robot to grab the iframe of the dashboard and embed in the html file. In this version the bar graphs crash in IE 11 with below error and this seems to be a known issue. Do you know if there any fix or workaround for this besides using different browser?

Also, any idea if 5.5.2 supports Regex?

I’m using below script for Scripted Fields after enabling regex in yml file.

def m = /^.*\.([a-z]+)$/.matcher(doc['message.keyword'].value);
if ( m.matches() ) {
   return m.group(1)
} else {
   return "no match"
}

“reason”:"Regexes are disabled. Set [script.painless.regex.enabled] to [true] in elasticsearch.yaml to allow them. Be careful though, regexes break out of Painless’s protection against deep recursion and long loops.

I know this is a bit off topic, but checking if anyone has idea regarding this. Checking with ELK forum folks as well. Thanks.

I don’t know how to make it work for IE 11. I think it’s hard to find an workaround. Using another browser is best