Hi I have a process which I’m trying to automate but have no idea how to design the process.
Earlier in the process i would save attachments (all csv) as its filename with datetimestamp (eg. Filename.20180226_0821). Then I would add values to one of the column before replying the sender with this new filled attachment.
My problem is how do I locate that email where the attachment came from? Because all emails would have the same subject and all attachments will have the same filename.
Hi there @inyourgravity,
Just some random spitballing
When an Email comes in (Load/Dispatcher):
- Generate a GUID
- Create a folder with that GUID
- Save all attachments into that folder
- Save the Mail itself into that folder
- Add queue item with any relevant information to that case, including the overarching GUID, sender Email, Etc.
Run at a scheduled time (Work/Performer):
- Retrieve queue item
- Process case (using the GUID working directory)
- Send response Email, with the original Email as an attachment, as well as any supplementary materials
As I say, these are just some initial thoughts.