Replace a string within double quotes

Hi! I have a problem with substituting a piece of string from my global json string. I have read different post in this Community and tried different solutions, but I have not been able to solve my problem.

I have this json string (this is only a part of the total string):
“door”:“1”,“postal_code”:“08017”},“persons”:{“propietario1”:{“name”:“antonio”,“surname”:“crespo”,

and I want to eliminate the block “propietario1”:

I have tried with:
strjson_muleta.ToString.Replace(Chr(34)+“Propietario1"+Chr(34)+“:”," ")

but when the debugger gets to the assign activity, it stops and shows this message:
Assign: Expression Activity type ‘VisualBasicValue`1’ requires compilation in order to run. Please ensure that the workflow has been compiled.

Can anyone helpme to solve the problem? Thank you very much in advance. César

Hi @rpa.cresmin

Welcome to UiPath community

Re-enter Double quotation in the expression

Check out this thread

Regards
Gokul

1 Like

Can you try to update the double quotation like this in the below sample @rpa.cresmin

"door":"1","postal_code":"08017"},"persons":{"propietario1":{"name":"antonio","surname":"crespo",

Hi Gokul! Thank you very much for your quick answer.

The quotation is what the Newtonsoft uses to convert a dictionary into a json strin variable so that I can use it into a call to an external API. I may have hundreds of double quotes as a result ot that operation I do not know how to change it.

Hi @rpa.cresmin

For this kind of issue you need to update all the double quotation. I don’t thinks so we having any other way

Regards
Gokul

Hi! I have been able to solve it by using Regex replace. This would be the expression:
System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(strjson_muleta,“”“propietario1"”“+”:“,”")

where strjson_muleta was my original string, and “propietario1”: the piece of text I wanted to eliminate.

Thank you very much Gokul for your help and kindness. César

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.