Repeat activity scope

It seems like it would be helpful to have a “Repeat” activity scope. Anything put within the scope would be repeated the number of times specified within the properties

I realize there are ways to accomplish this, but it is clunky (e.g. using while loop). There have been a number of times where this would be helpful and make the code much cleaner than including the same action 10 times or building a while loop and counter

Hi @Dave,
Have you tried to use image activity? It seems to have exactly what you need.

2 Likes

Hey Pablito - yes I have tried it and it is close, but not exactly the same.

Retry activity scope requires a boolean to be used and continues if true - I’d want it to repeat ‘n’ times regardless. Another issue is that in a retry scope, it will retry automatically if an error is thrown - the proposed repeat scope would handle errors normally (i.e. would throw it, unless caught in a try-catch)

3 Likes

@Dave now I see your point. Thank you for suggestion! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is not that pretty, but it seems to be this functinality you are looking for: For Loop Over a Range - #2 by DanielMitchell

Yes I do find myself using that quite a bit, but it only allows straightforward loops. For example a regular for loop you can iterate through backwards and skip every other one extremely easily. Using the enumerable.range and a for each loop, there is a lot of pre-work setup to accomplish that same simple task and is sometimes straight up impossible

Sorry I replied by email, thought this was about adding a for loop as I have a suggestion out for that as well.

Repeat scope would essentially do what you’re talking about, but would be a single activity and it would be immediately obvious what it is doing. It’s a huge pain doing a for each loop, creating the extra couple variables and activities, etc when all I’m wanting I’d a simple “repeat 3 times” or something like that