RemoteException wrapping System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.uipath

Sequence.xaml (27.1 KB)

I am trying to rename file on box and then moving the file to a folder depending on the month.Can someone check the workflow and let me know I am stuck with this error

Kindly attach with project.json file as i m unable to see the activiities
or no worries, we could tell you why this error occured so that it can be validated in your xaml itself
–this error occurs when associated activiity has a variable with null value in it
to validate that use writeine activity before to the activity where this error occurred and mention that variable name as input in writeline
–it would show the value if the variable value in it in output panel or it wont

–so to know which activity shows this error run in debug mode

Cheers @sailaja_teegala

Hi @sailaja_teegala

Seems like your approach towards using the BOX activities are not entirely correct.

1. Use BOX activities always in a ‘BOX Scope’ just like the excel app scope.
  2. It basically is an API call so you either need authentication token or a json config file to generate the token which essentially will be used in the BOX scope itself.
  3. I see UI automation used to open and navigate in BOX app hosted in web, which is not optimal and might fail and will require multiple retries and redundancies. Better, scratch that, it is best to use BOX activities available.

Your IT dept will be able to give you a JSON file for the BOX scope ask them and you will be able to move, upload, delete, copy, download and all sorts of an array of activities.

Hope this helps. Check the image -

Either you have to supply one of the three yellow highlighted values in properties or one of the two red marker circled properties.

You can retain the BOX scope for further use also.

Regards :slight_smile:

PS : The object reference error is because of missing BOX Scope

Thanks a lot for the detailed explaination