Regarding string manipulation

i have a file which i have to take only values from it …it conatins junk values …how do i proceed?

Show me the sample string and the output you would like to get from it.

Regards,
AK

1 Like

@AnandKumar26 sorry a little bit change in the question… I have a file which contains two values in one cell. I have to split it up and write into 2 cells. can you guide me?Sample.xlsx (11.7 KB)

@shishirshetty2701

Do you always have input like this only?
I.e. space before the second entry?

And am assuming you want to split the excel to two columns ?

@Shubham_Varshney yes it will be space itself, and please not that there might be 10 columns but i want to split the element of only 8th column

@shishirshetty2701
It’s doable

Just need to put split string and add column code to add column before 9th column

Pass me the excel sheet, I’ll help you out!!!

@Shubham_Varshney i want to split the elements in G the column to HOutput.xlsx (9.1 KB)

Just as a query, you will be having how many rows?

If they are over 100 I would do front end automation, if it’s less backhand automation be correct

@Shubham_Varshney more than 500

Then I’ll suggest front end automation, as it will be quick!!!
Let me create a workflow for you and share it with you!!!

@Shubham_Varshney it will be helpful if you create a sample workflow and send me

Hi @shishirshetty2701

Please find the attached zip as sample workflow:
BlankProcess2.zip (20.8 KB)

Cheers & happy learning :slight_smile:

Also do mark the solution marked if it’s solved

Good Day :smiley:

@Shubham_Varshney can you tell me how to do it in backend using for each

So in backhand method, we will run the loop in the whole data table, and put a sub-string split on basis of “Space” and pass it to a new data table. This will be lengthy and will take time if the data is huge

@Shubham_Varshney can you give me a sample workflow for the excel sheet which i shared with you

Please find attached zip for reference

BlankProcess2.zip (20.9 KB)

@Shubham_Varshney thank you

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.