Regarding chrome download settings

Hello,
I am making a process where i need to disable the button where they ask where to save the file before downloading through code can anyone help me out in this.

Hi @Shreya13

to automate that part

navigate to chrome://settings/downloads

next

disable that button accordingly by bot
so that it wont prompt you

thanks

1 Like

Hey @nikhil.girish can you share the code with me.
Thanks

It is a settings in Chrome

On your Chrome browser go to Settings; Advanced; Downloads; and turn off the “Ask where to save each file before downloading”. Here also you can create a default download folder for all downloads from Chrome

Hi @Chris_Bolin i have to do this using uipath not manually

When you set your Chrome settings it will be the same settings for all automations for downloads. I do not know of a way to have the bot change settings for one automation from another automation. Your only other option is to do an attach browser activity, point to the popup with the message and code through it. But you are correct, you will not be able to proceed until you answer the question in the popup from Chrome.

Yes @Chris_Bolin like the number of documents are more so can’t use the pop up everytime that’s why using move file activity but now the concern is there are other bots also processed in the same profile so j need a xaml where I can change the path and disable pop up using code

Kindly refer my above post and try to build a xaml on that

It might have 5 max steps/actions

I created some code, have fun, let me know if it works.
GetChromeDownloadFolder.xaml (8.4 KB)

1 Like