Regarding Bot modification

Hi,

Can we modifiy Attended Bot to Unttended Bot, if yes then how ?

Regards
Saurav

1 Like

yah of course we can
–enable simulate click and simulate type in the property panel type into and click activity so that it can run in background as well, if any such activity is used
–other than that if any input dialog box is used remove them and pass that value as input along the process itself or from orchestrator as a asset so that it wont ask for user input while running
–once after this run the process and check whether it is working even when from background
–and if that works then in orchestrator create a robot with unattended bot type or if it already exists change the robot type
–and to create a robot and machine kindly have a view on this thread
Kindly check with these stuffs that would surely resolve your issue
— first create a machine in orchestrator and that machine name should be same as in your system
To get that name go to start-> search as robot-> settings and get the machine name from there and paste the same while creating machine in orchestrator and copy the machine key after this from orchestrator and paste it in your system robot tray and mention the orchestrator url as well
— the. Make sure that we have a robot created in the orchestra with the same machine name and while entering the detail for username and password go to cmd window and type as whoami which will give use domain and username, enter the same in the orchestrator while creating robot
— create a environment now In the robot tab and tag the robot created in the previous step to this environment
— now back to our system in robot tray we have machine key, and orchestrator url mentioned readily and now we can connect

and ensure that while entering the Orchestrator URL in robot tray…
follow the steps in these thread

kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification

hope this would help you
Cheers @SauravYadav

Hi @Palaniyappan,

Thank you for your reponse, I understood the points you have mentioned.

But my concern is without creating unattended Bot, how we can automate the attended Bot process.

Can we automate it by using windows DLL/ window services, which run the attended Bot which visible to us in UI path tray.

Regards,
Saurav

yah you can run from ROBOT TRAY in your machine
Cheers @SauravYadav

Hi @Palaniyappan,

Oh you didn’t get my point and that every one knows that attended bot need to be run from robot tray.

My query is, is there any process to schedule the attended bot using window services or kind of any thing ?

Regards
Saurav

1 Like

well we had Windows Task Scheduler previously, with which we were able to schedule the process without orchestrator
–but that option is removed and advised to go for orchestrator and schedule them
and as we cannot schedule a ATTENDED ROBOT with orchestrator, we can only publish and get the logs and usually it gets connected from robot to orchestrator and not much from orchestrator to the attended robot, so we cannot connect and schedule from orchestrator
For more info on this kindly have a view on this

Cheers @SauravYadav

Hi @Palaniyappan,

Thanks for confirming this. Appreciate your guidance on this.

Regards,
Saurav

1 Like

cheers @SauravYadav

@SauravYadav

We can’t convert Attended BOT to Unattended BOT.

If you take Unattended BOT licence then it will automatically login system and perform the actions where as Attended BOT can’t do this things.

but we can the make changes with a process to handle in background and then convert the type in ROBOT TAB, isnt it
Cheers @lakshman

@Palaniyappan

No bro. It’s not like that.

For suppose, it we bought Attended BOT licence then how you will use Unattended BOT. And also Unattended BOT licence cost is more compared to Attend BOT.

Yah
If we have unattended bot license along with our attended bot then it’s possible I guess by changing the process and the robot type
Cheers @SauravYadav

Hi @Palaniyappan @lakshman,

Just for the information, we can modify the bot type if we have bot license available for attended/unttended bot for one process in orchastator, but in one machine can only have one bot either attended or unattended.

Regards,
Saurav

1 Like

@SauravYadav

Yes one machine contains one robot only. If you want to install other type of BOT licence then in that case you have deregister previous one and then install new one.

Correct and I know that and that is why I have shared the information.

Regards,
Saurav

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.