REFramework with Configuration in Database

Thanks for taking the time to read it. Sure thing! Let’s wait for the publishing process to run its course.

:+1:

1 Like

Read the documentation today. Made some minor edits and rearrangements.
Latest document attached.

Update: 08.30.2019 Name and terminologies of documentation changed based on UiPath feedback. Previously published document nullified and deprecated.
Advanced Enterprise RPA Process Template - User Guide.pdf (3.3 MB)

thanks

1 Like

@AndyMenon this is so cool. congratz! looking forward to seeing it on GO!

Thanks @Serban !
I’ve uploaded an updated user guide, a couple of nights ago. Kindly refer to that, as I added in a few missing steps.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Go Component Update:

Not sure how the components are tested. But the Go team tried to test a component that is supposed to be connected to a database before it performs its intended function.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the documentation I’ve published here clearly defines a section on it.

The component rightfully failed like it’s supposed to. Now, how can that be a dis-qualifier?

It’s like me trying to test a Database activity without a database and claiming that it does not work. Or not checking my empty fuel gauge and saying my car won’t start.

:frowning:

Hi @AndyMenon

Cool down :slightly_smiling_face:

Sometimes it happens.we just need to explain it to them… So may I know what they gave as feedback? Let’s reply back to them explaining a bit of your component and how it works. It will help…

Dont worry… you can make it

1 Like

:joy:

I known for sure it works my friend. I’m on my third project and the template is working as it should.

I was just surprised about how this was tested. I’ve modified the components to use additional arguments and internally changed some logic.

My template will never clear the tests if RunAllTests is used. I was hoping that the documentation would be effective at communicating the purpose of this component.

Cheers my friend!

And it is here Community! :slight_smile:

Please check it out and give your honest reviews and ratings.

https://go.uipath.com/component/advanced-enterprise-rpa-process-template

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me on this project!

Andy

3 Likes

Hey @AndyMenon

Wow… finally your first component is published!!! Congratulations bro!!! :tada::confetti_ball:

I will check it out and add a review :smiley:

Great work bro!!

1 Like

Thank you my friend!
To make things easier, there is a “How to Test…” document included to jump start the initial testing.

I hope you can make use of it in your projects.

1 Like

Great news! Congratulations! :slight_smile:
Downloaded, will check out and review, soon i hope :yum:

1 Like

Thanks Serban!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck with the testing!

Hello Community!

Any chance that anyone here has tested the RPA template?

I wanted to know if you ran into any issues that I might be able to help with. Or, if you have any suggestions to make it even better.

thanks,
Andy

1 Like

Hey bro @AndyMenon

Haven’t tried it yet. I really got stuck with various kinda things and couldn’t really focus on this. But I have to say that I haven’t forgotten it. It’s in my to do list. Most probably I will check it during the weekend… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks bud! Hit me up if you have any issues.

I’m already thinking of a minor library as an enhancement to this template.

As usual, security at our workplace is paramount and I need to address some issues before my project is cleared.

1 Like

Community!

Hit my first Quasi-Bug when publishing my RPA project :slight_smile:!!!

I built a project using the component I published. It was built from the ground up with no biases whatsoever. No issues in running the RPA process end-to-end. And then when I was about to publish it, I hit a validation error on one of the framework components.

Studio will complain about this file as shown in the screen grab below:
Framework/InitAllSettings_From_RemoteDB_DSN.xaml

The variable named Conn_MySqlDB will show up as an unknown variable on your end. But it does not happen on my end. Why?

That’s because Conn_MySqlDB is of type MySqlConnection and my project has the MySql dependencies added to it. However, I’ve removed this dependency when I deployed my component.

And that is the reason I call it a Quasi-Bug because the project I built used ConfigDB MS Access database, and did not need MySql dependencies.

What’s the Fix?
Before deploying, open the above xaml file and simply run Remove Unused variables from the tool bar.

You should be all set and should not have publication errors.

I will be updating my documentation. But this is quick heads up those who may be using/testing this template.

1 Like

New User Guide.

Advanced Enterprise RPA Process Template - User Guide - v2.pdf (3.7 MB)

Hellooooo Community!!!

A BIG THANK YOU!

To all folks who took the time to download and try my UiPath Go! Marketplace component! It was first published on Aug 25, 2018 and since then has clocked 31 downloads and 1 favorable Review. 31 downloads in 41 days… not bad at all!

My special thanks to remus-pirvu for posting the first review of my component at the GO! Marketplace.

Please reach out if you have any issues or concerns with using the component. Or, if the documentation has fallen short in certain areas. I will try to do what I can to resolve these issues.

And if possible, kindly leave a short review on the Go! page so that it helps other members of the community use this component with greater ease.

https://go.uipath.com/component/advanced-enterprise-rpa-process-template

Happy Learning!
Andy

Hello again Community!

I’ve been working on an RPA course over the past few months. I needed to share my experiences working with UiPath with the wider world. It’s gone live on Udemy a few days ago.

This course also draws attention to various UiPath properties such as Go! and Academy, and also the UiPath Level 1 through Level 3 training that as we all know are invaluable!

You can catch it here. The course is largely focused on the Go! Marketplace component I published back in August.

Thanks again to all who downloaded my component. It’s cleared 180 downloads in 90 days!

Happy learning,
Andy

5 Likes

Oh wow. That is amazing! Congratulations! I will share the link with my colleagues as well. :grin:
Thank you for contributing to the RPA world & sharing the news with us!

2 Likes