REF TransactionItem type

Can someone please tell me if there is a safe way in a REFramework to make variable TransactionItem a String or a DataRow and not getting an error at Run? I tried to force it and corrected the errors in the program but at run it stops and says cannot assing QueueItem to type String, but in other programs I saw that people use this variable as String or DataRow and have no errors.

Thank you for your time

Hi @tiberiu.paul

REFramework is a template and developed with a default transaction item type as QueueItem.

It is a user choice and you are free to change transaction item to any type as per your project needs.

But you need to change it every place in the template like variable section and argument section of every state, workflow in the REFramework.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip I managed to make it work. Can you please tell me about windows credential. Do i use get credential or Get secure credential to get them from windows vault? and how does the robot when grading my program knows my credentials to test the program if i have them in my computer vault?

You can get the credentials using windows credentials or Orchestrator.
While grading it will be taken care. No need to worry.

2 Likes

Sir, can you please tell me how throw a Business rule exception properly, as I’m trying to prepare for the exam… so that the process continues on its own without manually pressing the “Continue” button multiple times for the throw, for the IF that contains it, for the sequence that contains the if and so on, until it finally continues with the next transaction?
I use the Throw activity inside the Try portion, i use the syntax New BusinessRuleException(“…”) for the Exception variable but it does not automatically continue and it does not take a screenshot…

Hi @tiberiu.paul

The screenshot will be taken only in the case of application exception.
You no need to handle any exceptions in the REFramework. Everything will be taken care in the framework.
Only thing we have to do is throw business rule exception when business logic is not met.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

2 Likes

So to be clear, it’s not a problem if I take the test and the REF gives multiple errors for Busines rule exception?

From what i have seen in examples it should give a warning and continue by itself…

As per REFramework, when you throw a business exception, it will ignore the current processing transaction item and will move to the next transaction item.

If exception is thrown in inner workflows (invoked workflows) you will see the same error multiple items because it will be handled by outer workflows.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

2 Likes

the workflow goes to the end, what was the problem is that I was always using debug instead of run, debug being the default button… unbelievable!

1 Like

You can change the default one in the settings of UiPath studio.
Default - You can change to Run or Run File.

1 Like

Dear Sir, Thank You for all the help you have kindly provided! In the last days of free certification I am now certified!

1 Like

Thank you for kind words and congratulations on your certification.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.