I would like to ask if it is possible to read a new row inserted into excel sheet. For example, I have an existing script that reads the whole sheet but how do I make the script to read the new row inserted(eg. row 21) and run the script again from that specific row onward?
@etjl Can you please send your exel file?
It says i am unable to attached files
@etjl Ohk Can you read the exel File and output in Mesaage Box?
Nothing is showing in the message box
@etjl You cannot attach Screenshots too?
I can attach screenshots. The above is a screenshot of the excel file
@etjl Can you attach the screenshot of your workflow?
@etjl Show me the part where you read the file and Output the message box
First Read the Excel and store it in a Datatable Dt1
Get the Count of Rows Dt1.Rows.count store it in a variable count
Again after adding new Row give range from count+1
I can suggest an approach - Hope it works …
- Read the Sheet using read Range and get the datatable
- Get the Row count of Datatable by using : datatable.rows.count . this will give you 20.
- Store the count in a count variable say : dtcount
- Again read the Excel and Set the Start Range to : A+dtcount+1 : This will give you A21.
- Read the range and Proceed further. .
P.S. : If you want to verify if new row is inserted or not before reading the data, you can always use the Row count to verify the same.