Read Sharepoint list - access denied

Hi!

I am trying to read a sharepoint list but only gets “Access denied” when trying reading it.
The current user has full/highest rights to access the list (it is created with the user).

I first authenticate with the UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities.Office365ApplicationScope without any problem (at least no exception is thrown).
Then I try to read the list with UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities.Sharepoint.GetListInfo
and finally to get the items with UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Activities.Sharepoint.ForEachListItem.
But it is stucked on the GetListInfo with the exception below

Get List Info: Code: accessDenied
Inner error:
AdditionalData:
date: 2021-09-27T15:01:55
request-id: 27hjk1u-f0f3-423f-a146-287hey5624
client-request-id: 4ujh1a80-f0f3-423f-a146-78yh3323

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Best regards
Benny

Anyone having the same issue? :thinking:

Hi

Does this thread help in this scenario

Cheers @btr

No unfortunately not. My problem don’t seems to be the authentication, it is when I try to fetch the sharepoint list I get the error. With the GetListInfo activity.

When I try with a list ID that does not exist I get the expected error - that the list doesn’t exist.
That way I am pretty sure that I got the right list ID when I get access denied.

And when I try the activity ForEachList I get a empty list and no errors.
That also signal that the authentication is working, but I have no access to the list (or any other list).

Hmmm… :thinking:

Problem solved! :slight_smile:

This post helped me; the application type was wrong for my selected authentication metod.

Best regards
Benny

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.