Read "No of Results" from Google

studio
web

#1

Hello everybody,
now it is the third day, that i deal with UIPath. I try to create a little Automatisation to explain the Programm to my colleagues.
At the moment i am hanging at reading information from a web page. I would like to process the number of results found in Google. But I don’t know how. I tried it with Screen Scraping, but it is only working with the first search in google.
This is my current flow Diagramm:


Can anybody give me some hints how to read the number of results from Google?
Kind regards
Frank


#2

if it is structured data you can use DataScraping.


#3

Do you mean this number, @Scharlie?

If yes, you can use Get Text Activity, it will give you the wording, then you can take the number or results from it.


#4

Thanks for your Replys.
I can not read this :wink: but i think this is the same:


Will try it.


#5

So I tried it with “Get Text” but i have the following problems.
I get always this message:
2018-07-20%2010_09_37-Clipboard_III


#6

Hey @Scharlie

Use screen scraping only, but make sure your selector is dynamic!

In the selector use title=’* - Google Search’


#7

Hi,
many thanks for your help.
i am one step further, but now there is another error.

Main has thrown an exception

Source: Get full text ‘DIV resultStats’

Message: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Exception Type: ArgumentException

System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

The first result (of first search in google) is correct. But the second with another saech term is not working anymore.


#8

ohh now I have a solution.
had to use the “delay of 2 Seconds”.
thanks a lot.