Read Multiple lines in excel cells

Hi,

I need to read data in excel cells and create tickets in Jira. There are multiple rows in the excel sheet and each row should be each ticket. Each row in description column contains multiple lines. I read the excel sheet with Read range activity and make it as a datatable. Then I use for each row in datatable and tries to create ticket. Since the description cells having multiple lines, it is creating ticket for each line of data in description. How can I resolve it. Can anyone help me on this please?

1 Like

Fine
If possible can we have a view on that column a screenshot
Cheers @renjutom

Hi,

If am not wrong the entire decsription row will be read as one cell, and you can use string manipulations to fill the values.

Let us know if this helps,

Or if my understanding is wrong, please provide more details on the issue.

Regards,
Pavan H

Hi,

Please find my attached workflow.
I need to create each row as separate ticket. But when I run this workflow, the data in excel sheet in above picture creates ticket with description “Input-” as one ticket. Then the remaining data in that row is filling in summary textfield of Jira. But I need to fill the entire row data in description textfield of Jira.

1 Like

I wonder why so
though it is too many lines its still inside a single cell only right
hope the left side columns to this column is not in merged state
–Fine assign it with a activity for description like this
out_description = row(“yourcolumnname”).ToString
where out_description is a string variable which can be used in type into activity where we want to type

Cheers @renjutom

Hi,

I have done the same in my workflow. Please find the above workflow screenshot . Still its not working

Can anyone help me on this please?

Can you please provide a screenshot of the the application in which you enter the information. Maybe the soft/linebreak from the excel cell is causing the only the first line is entered.