Read information from Universal Windows Applications in Windows Server 2012, what is recommended?

I am currently trying to extract information from an applications built using Universal Windows Applications (UWP) in windows server 2012 (R2) environment, however I cant seem to use any of the recording methods or scrapping methods to extract information from these type of applications as the recorder view gets hidden when the application is open, and though i manage to get the top of the app using F2 the scraping still does not work.

I would like to know if it anyone has tested data scraping with these type of applications using UI-Path and if it is possible?

It would also be greatly appreciated if you could give me the approach.

Haven’t done much with UWP, I just downloaded Khan Academy, it seems it has a mix of problem views and ones that would be manageable. Most of the navigation / text regions I can use selectors for, however if I try and use the Data Scrapper, it produces

---------------------------
Error
Checking whether server is LowBox
OK   

For Recording, similar to selectors and Ui Explorer it depends on the elements.

In this screenshot, mouse is over the “Science” image, and the main content section is be captured.

However, if I hover of the text regions, it will detect the text elements

As you can see the text elements are a child of the Main content… but no reference to the background colours or images.

I’m sure some UWP apps will be worse than others. I think if that was the case you’d have to fall back to Citrix / OCR, or tabbing your way around.

1 Like

Thank you, this seems to be the only way for now. I didn’t try it but, this helped. thank you for the reply ones again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.