Read from excel file and execute comment deletion in Web application

Hello all,

I am looking for recommendations

BOT will obtain trigger file xls format that contains that following columns:

Next: Uipath will launch the web application to search for the loan and access the screen to review the notes.

I have been successful in creating the sequence up to this point. My challenge is

• once Uipath obtains the comments (to be deleted) from the Notes column
  • I am unsure what activity to utilize in order to search for that specific comment in this example " TEST COMMENT TO BE REMOVED" in the application.
  • to then be deleted by performing additional actions / clicks on the application

Some of the activities I have used but limited are:

• Get OCR Text = this one is successful in reading the notes on the screen and using a log message log level info. This action brings the notes from the actual screen.
    however still need to use the excel trigger file to search for the note based on client needs and then delete.

image attached:

Log Message Image:

Please help

1 Like

Hey @arturo.ayala

First step is to try getting the selector for the comment. Is that possible could you please check ?

If yes, then we can use that selector to select and perform delete action. We will be passing the comment dynamically to the selector.

Hope this helps to progress

Thanks
#nK

Hello @Nithinkrishna , thank you for your response and help.

I would like to mentioned I am a bit new to Uipath and still learning the concepts. When you reference “getting selector for the comment” is that with the activity I am currently using “Get OCR Text” ?

or should I be using a different one with Dynamic selectors

if not would you be able to provide more details or an example?

Screen shot is the selectors I currently have for the OCR activiy;

1 Like

Hey @arturo.ayala

Just use Ui-Explorer for now. We can choose activity after identifying the selector.

Thanks
#nK

ok here is an image of the current UiExplorer window

1 Like

Hey @arturo.ayala

Which element did you identify here…

Could you please highlight and show once pls…

Thanks
#nK

Hope this helps:

that is the customer service screen I need to locate the comment on as you can see “the test commen”

1 Like

Hey @arturo.ayala

I want you to indicate that particular comment please…

Is that an image btw ?

Thanks
#nK

its a screenshot I took for the example, however the element is registered on a web application:

here is the new one:

updated view in Ui Explorer

1 Like

@Nithinkrishna please let me know if I need to take additional action.

I appreciate your help

1 Like

Hey @arturo.ayala

Since you said this is an image.

We may be need to only go with Get OCR text for retrieving the value.

Could you please show the comments list entire section how it looks…

This will help us understand and think on how to proceed

Thanks
#nK

@Nithinkrishna
to confirm where the comments are located is not a screen shot, it comes from a web application. I took a screen shot of how the comment looks on the actual application that I need to delete the comment on

Since its sensitive data, I am having to remove any personal information that is displayed

the attached screen shot is the actual view of the comment screen the notes are located on the web application used

1 Like