Read excel range is returning old data

Hello,
I start my projects reading configuration data from an excel file, i use a combination of activities:

1. ExcelApplicationScope
  2. ExcelGetTableRange
  3. ExcelReadRange

Some times after updating values on the excel file, the process, is still getting old values, like if it’s reading cache data.

How can i solve this, or avoid cache? Thanks.

@Jorge_Dominguez Can you Explain What you are Performing and How you are updating the Excel ?

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but if you publish a project and then want to update data in the config you need to either:

• Update the config in the folder where the package is installed.
  • Publish a new package containing the updated config file.

Hi @Jorge_Dominguez - Again not sure if this is your issue but if you are only reading the data once and then calling the data from the datatable later in the process, it will only use the data that was read that first time, it will not read the Excel file again unless you specify it to.

Hi, the excel is updated opening with office Excel outside of UiPath. after saved and closed, maybe more than once, the UiPath process starts, then i use readrange activity, but it reads ols data.
Thanks for the interest

Thank you for the interest, the excel is modified, saved and closed before the uipath process starts, then the process uses the readrange activity inside excelapplicationscope, but it reads old data.

I can see no reason that this activity should be reading old data. Can you verify the file path to ensure you are reading in the latest version of the file and also verify that the changes are saved in the file before the process is run?

I’m facing the same issue. Even though excel file is updated and saved properly, UiPath don’t read new updated data from the excel file. It shows result from the previous one. Should we add any step before read rang to clear previous data? (I’m using UiPath Studio ver. 2020.4.1)

The same issue with mine happened in the config file, I have a string & object in Config that I usually change if the run is in debug mode.
String = DebugMode
Object = TRUE/FALSE

I always run the process that the debug mode is set to true, but when I change the flag to FALSE, the process still reads the debug mode flag as TRUE.
I am not quite sure how many times I need to run it again until the bot reads the flag to FALSE.

Did we get any solution to this problem? I am facing the same issue and I have tried deleting the excel file and saving the same data with some other filename but it still takes some old version of the file. Why is this happening? Can anybody help?

I have also had a similar problem. The only way I have had a short term fix is by re-publishing the workflow to Orchestrator. Excel has been update correctly, and even running the bot in studio works sometimes, but any time I try and update my config file, my robots read an old version that I cant even access on my computer.

I hope someone at Uipath will fix this irritating bug.