REad Data row in Excel and count

Hello Team,
Im trying to get the count of P,A,H,Please guide

@Mayyur you can read the excel data sheet into using Read Range which will output a DataTable for you. Then you can use For Each Row activity to traverse thru DataTable and create a local variable counter/counters to increment every time you find an occurrence say. row(ā€˜col1ā€™) equals ā€˜Pā€™ counter_P ++ else row(ā€˜colā€™) equals ā€˜Hā€™ counter_H++.

Additionally, you might also consider using DataRow variable for each Row being traversed to check each element of DataRow for values P/A/H!!

Try the logic around and share your workflow, if stuck!!

1 Like

I have around 30 columns,

iā€™m trying to calculate count for each name and for every P,H,A related to name

Seems like attendance data !! Anyways, I would say - ā€œconsider using DataRow[] variable for each row item being traversed and check with nested-if (guess 2 with be fine) element of DataRow for values P/A/H!!ā€ You would need to add another ā€œFor Eachā€ activity for to traverse thru DataRow.

1 Like

Can you please share a workflow similar to it for reference

1 Like

Here you go with a xaml
COUNT.zip (8.3 KB)

CHeers @Mayyur

image ,
Which activity it isā€¦Thanks

2 Likes

its just a FOR EACH LOOP

with expression like this
same for all three but with different characters
int_PCount + row.ItemArray.ToList().AsEnumerable().Where(Function(a) a.ToString.Contains(ā€œPā€)).Count

CHeers @Mayyur

1 Like

Yeah its working,but it is adding all P in both the rows,I want to separately count for each nameā€¦Thank u

GOt itā€¦Thank you

Cheers @Mayyur

Thanks alot Palaniyappanā€¦for being all time mentor as an when requiredā€¦

1 Like

@Palaniyappan expression you came up with is bang on :100: !! " int_PCount + row.ItemArray.ToList().AsEnumerable().Where(Function(a) a.ToString.Contains(ā€œPā€)).Count"

1 Like

Hey,Is there any other method of doing the same

This is more reliable and faster
Another method is using loop which might take more time
Thatā€™s why suggested this buddy
And by the way kindly mark the right comment as solution that would help others looking for ideas under your topic

Cheers @Mayyur

Sure bro,Im trying to do this with For each loop,getting errorā€¦

May I know the error you are facing
@Mayyur

Error- System.Data.Datarow to System.Collection.Ienumerable

I want to perform same processing using loopsā€¦like the above